Saturday, April 3, 2010

Q. What are newbies scared of?

The last of my published articles, for the moment. I have 2 more waiting for approval :-)

As Featured On EzineArticles

A. Everything!

No, seriously. If you consider what it is that a newbie is scared of when it comes to actually trying to make money online in any area, a few things come to mind.

But people will know that I'm new to all this and laugh at my attempts at: writing blog posts; articles; adverts; Squidoo pages; hub pages. You name it.

You are just plain scared! Scared of the unknown. Never done it before and so it must be absolute nails and I'll never be able to do it!

Costs too much money and I have no income, etc.

Doesn't need to cost a bean.

Use free spaces like Squidoo, Blogger, Hub Pages etc. then reinvest in your business for a while before you make the grand gestures of spending your newly earned cash on treats for you and the family.

Be patient. Stay positive. Your time will come.

If I don't pick up every free e book/report on this, that and the other I will not succeed.

Rubbish.

Be selective or very strong with the delete button after you have read the article, or what ever it may be.

If you don't, you end up with a hard drive full of free stuff and of no interest to anyone anymore. This industry moves at the speed of a runaway train. So if you get it use it, or just pass. Something similar will be along soon enough.

Once you have the free product, you are on a list and then you get bombarded with a string of auto-responder emails trying to get you to buy other products. If you're not careful, you end up spending half your life opening, reading and deleting emails pushing the latest big thing.

The old adage, 'buyer beware' still holds true, NOT because I think you will be scammed but because you end up drowning in information unable to reach that life boat!

If this sounds like I'm writing from experience, then you've hit the nail on the head, because I am. Over the last few years I have spent far too much money on products that were not pitched at my extreme 'numpty' level.

Being ok around PCs, able to type and surf the net are not all that is needed to make it online.

If you think this sounds like other stuff that you have read, well I apologize. Obviously some of what I have read over the years has sunk in!

No comments:

Post a Comment