Tuesday, April 13, 2010

That Newbie Excitement

That Newbie excitement took over me today and I have managed to fritter away most of my time with very little to show for it.

The day started off poorly with both myself and my son sleeping in. Neither of us heard the alarm going off. I was finally woken by him running around the bed to climb in next to me.

Horrors, when I looked at the time. We were normally setting off for school and there we were, still in bed! Mad rush followed to get dressed and a quick phone call to school to let them know what was happening. Then Mr Mardy decided he wasn't going to school today.

Anyone out there with any knowledge of kids knows what the morning rush can be like if one part goes a bit off line. Here we go then, so I ignored him and to give him his due, by the time I'd finished in the bathroom, 10 minutes max., he was dressed and nearly ready.

Downstairs to sort out tocyn (a small snack for the afternoon) and a wrap to eat on the way to school. Not the best of ways for him to have breakfast but better than nothing and to be honest I think he enjoyed walking with his breakfast, very grown-up don't you know :-)

Dropped him off at school half an hour late, whoops. He didn't say anything tonight so I assume he didn't get dragged over the coals for a genuine mistake.

I told you I'd worked hard yesterday! Anyway, by the time I'd walked home via the supermarket, it was well into the morning then after breakfast and coffee it was nearly 11.00am.

How to totally muck up your day!! So I decided to get the meal ready for the evening and then I could work up to tea time.

I finally sat down to work at about 12.00. I know they said that you can work what hours you like when you decide to go online, but today took the biscuit for a hectic 3 hours only stint! Didn't use that time well which I'm cross about now. Threw out my whole day and my plans went out the window.

Spent the time going through emails which I had got out of doing. That is such a waste of time and I had been managing to get stuff done so well previously just by ignoring the inbox for a few days and not checking it till last thing in the evening. Anyway I had to set off for school again at 3.10 to walk him home at 3.30 so I didn't settle to do anything of much use.

There you go. A not so typical working day for a not-so-new-newbie fitting trying to get going online around a family and all that that involves.

Wouldn't have it any other way, apart from the sleeping in and the rushing and...

I won't work so late tonight and get a bit more sleep. Then perhaps I will hear the alarm in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment